Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
This wiki's administrators Edit
The "Founder" of a this wiki, has given administrator access automatically.
- CureInfinity1 is the founder/admin/bureaucrat of this wiki and is active.
Administrator abilities Edit
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or auto confirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Bureaucrat abilities Edit
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki.
Bureaucrats can also give users the ability to "rollback" edits.
Wikia staff members have full access to all Wikia.
Becoming an administrator Edit
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On this wiki, you may simply ask on the community association or Forum, or ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
What can administrators not do? Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
Copied Page (The Gamer Wiki)